8.19.2013

Jumbled Stripes

 
I don't know what happened today really, this manicure is a lot darker than usual. Ah well its a change from all the light bright colours I've been using lately.
I was in the mood for stripes this morning but couldn't decided how I was going to do them so I started off by applying two coats of Collection 2000 - Wham
I waited 15 minutes for it to dry with a cup of tea and biscuits Mmmm.... such a yummy distraction!
Anyway back to the nail art.. after my polish had dried off enough I started applying my stripes.
I did cheat a little doing this manicure, instead of using nail polish for the stripes I used acrylic paint with a long thin nail art brush. I didn't have a set plan on what colours I was going to do so just picked them out at random and hoped for the best, doesn't look too bad either.
 
 
This is how my nails looked after I'd finished doing the stripes
I think I prefer them looking dull/matte rather than glossy with a top coat.
 
 
Here's how the manicure finished looking with one coat of NYC - Top coat
 

No comments:

Post a Comment