6.17.2013

Geometric Shapes


Well this is quite an embarrassing fact but at the age of 22 I have just re-done my maths GCSE!
Why I do these things to myself I will never know, but hopefully it will benefit me in the near future.
 
So anyway it gave me some thought to do some mathematic inspired nail art.
I've had some ideas bouncing around for a while now but I just didn't have the time to do any freehand patterns recently as I've been rushed off my feet with revision.
I thought shapes might be the most simplest to do and that anyone else who wants to have some nails like these can do so without having to be a nail art genius!
 
 

I saw a tutorial on The Beauty Department blog on nail art using scotch tape; so I used the same method they have but with a different design. Still, I love their design and recommend you check it out!
 
 
Here's what you need to do:
 
Step 1 : Coat all your nails in ColorClub – Nomadic in Nude, apply two coats if needed.
Step 2 : Wait for nails to dry (preferably for a good few hours because the next bits tricky unless you can get someone else to do it for you!)
Step 3 : Tear off a piece of Scotch tape and place it on something it will peel off - and still be sticky.
Step 4 : Polish the non-sticky side of the tape with your chosen colours - MUA - Moody Mink, Saffron London - Colour 54, Saffron London - Colour 59.

Wait for nail polish on the tape to dry - I waited approx. 10-15 minutes. 

Step 5 : Cut the tape where the polish is into different sized strips (see image)Now cut the strips into your shapes, you could do squares, triangles, rectangles and if your brave enough, circles. I chose the easy option of squares and triangles.
Step 6 : Once the shapes are cut place them randomly on your nails. (I found it easier that once I'd cut one shape, to put it straight on the nail as its not easy to pick the shape up once its stuck to something)
Step 7 : Apply top coat and wait to dry

Step 8 : Apply hand cream
Step 9 : Admire your handy work!

 The completed look (minus the top coat which I forgot to put on)
 













































Good luck to anyone else who has been sitting their maths GCSE's!
 
 
“Beauty is Geometry”

No comments:

Post a Comment